Top 4 Tips for Shopping Safely Online – CYBER MONDAY
I am sure your top question today isn’t what you will purchase online, BUT how to purchase safely! Here are a few tips below for today and the rest of the week!
- Use credit vs debit card – very important and be sure to check your statements when you receive them!
- Limit public Wi-Fi usage – big deal!
- Use store apps (Macy’s, Target) versus going through a search engine! You will want to ensure the store apps you use have a secure checkout. There is usually a picture of a lock at the bottom of the page.
- If you are really ambitious, apps such as:
- Keeper – prices vary, but you can get a 30 day free trial
- PassKey – (requires a thumb print versus your regular password) this can be great to use in the future especially as the world starts to move away from passwords to biometric readings (facial recognition, thumbprints). I think that app is only applicable for Amazon for right now. This app is my top recommendation for today.
- – Password Secure Manager Pro (3.99) – great for securing personal information. Not sure how user friendly it is for shopping online.
Shop safety today!
Jessica Robinson, is a writer and Founder & CEO of PurePoint International. She has worked with a top 40 company and with the 2015 US Open. As a security & risk management expert and outsourced CSO (Chief Security Officer), she advises and consults with small and medium sized businesses on threat prevention and response. Learn more at www.the-purepoint.com. Need a speaker? Click here: Holiday Lecture Series. Did you like this article? Sign up for our Newsletter: